Anyone up for a bit of Cross Country flying?

General discussion and guidelines
joea
Site Admin

Anyone up for a bit of Cross Country flying?

Post by joea » Thu Aug 07, 2008 16:43

Everyone,

I have sold my Chief to a gent in Alabama. Even with my 3rd grade geography skills I can see that this will be a bit of a flight. Like 1600 miles or so.

The new owner had a friend who was going to fly with him on the journey that was to begin today or tomorrow here in Phoenix. He is not the most experienced in tailwheel aircraft but has been flying a Champ. You see we started him off with the slower of the two airplanes and now he is ready for the Chief! :) (sorry, I had to get that one in!)

Anyway his friend was killed in an airplane accident two days ago at Huntsville's Moontown airport. Details here: http://tinyurl.com/5ptp3f Really sad situation and believe that he had been instructing in the Champ that is based here. From their website it looks like a nice home for Aeroncas, with a grass runway and beautiful area.

He is looking for someone to help him fly my Chief from Phoenix to Alabama. Is there anyone on the list who is interested in doing this or does anyone know someone who might be able to help? He is pretty flexable with the timing. Right now he has someone to help him but its not until the end of the month and that's three weeks from now. Both of us would rather have this happen a bit sooner if possible.

If there is anyone on the list who would be interested please let me know. He is willing to pay something to who-ever helps but would rather leave that to the two of you. Its not a fortune but nothing to sneeze at either. As well he is paying expenses.

If someone helps and is not an current NAA member, I will pay for their membership for two years for their help!

Thanks,

Joe A

SFC Hiatt

Post by SFC Hiatt » Thu Aug 07, 2008 17:17

I would have loved to do it but, I'm back to work on Monday. I'll ask around. ~Chris

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Thu Aug 07, 2008 17:24

Have heard that going AWOL is not that bad these days? :)

Thanks for the help.

Joe

Floatin_around

Post by Floatin_around » Thu Aug 07, 2008 20:15

I can do it.
Pm me with phone numbers.
Ki

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Thu Aug 07, 2008 23:09

Ki,

Just PM'ed and emailed you Lance's contact phone number.

Really appreciate the help!

Joe

Jody Wittmeyer

Post by Jody Wittmeyer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 20:03

If Ki falls through, I can do it next weekend, if he pays for a commercial flight to Phoenix
Blue Skies and Stay Safe, and preserve 'em

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Thu Aug 14, 2008 20:08

Jody,

Thanks and he is flying in tomorrow to look at the plane, so will mention it to him. Normally he said that he was going to get a ferry pilot to come in on the 28th or so but sooner is better for both of us.

Appreciate the offer and it would bone you up on flying a Chief!

When will your Chief be up in the air? Hope its soon!

Joe

Omymyohellyes

Re: Anyone up for a bit of Cross Country flying?

Post by Omymyohellyes » Thu Aug 12, 2010 21:24

O