Toast to CPTKELLY

General discussion and guidelines
bsafran

Toast to CPTKELLY

Post by bsafran » Sat Jul 28, 2012 14:23

I am inviting the entire Aeronca community to raise a glass on Saturday, August 4th at 10 PM Eastern Daylight Time (0200 Zulu) to toast Mike Kelly (also known as CPTKELLY in his website postings) for all the help he has given us in the past. Mike passed away recently and thanks to the internet it is possible for all his friends around the world to join together at the same time to say thanks for the memories. I will be standing on the grass runway of the Valley City Airport at the assigned time raising a beer while looking west and wishing him well. Please join me in the toast and then post a reply so his wife can see where you were when you said goodbye to the Captain.

joea
Site Admin

Re: Toast to CPTKELLY

Post by joea » Mon Jul 30, 2012 16:06

bsafran wrote:I am inviting the entire Aeronca community to raise a glass on Saturday, August 4th at 10 PM Eastern Daylight Time (0200 Zulu) to toast Mike Kelly (also known as CPTKELLY in his website postings) for all the help he has given us in the past. Mike passed away recently and thanks to the internet it is possible for all his friends around the world to join together at the same time to say thanks for the memories. I will be standing on the grass runway of the Valley City Airport at the assigned time raising a beer while looking west and wishing him well. Please join me in the toast and then post a reply so his wife can see where you were when you said goodbye to the Captain.
Totally agree Brian.

Will be toasting to Mike along with everyone else!

Just made this a "Global Announcement" so that everyone on this bulletin board will see it! Mike deserves it!

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Sat Aug 04, 2012 19:06

Brian,

Just did my toast to Mike! Hope he is smiling down on us!

Joe A

mike newall

Post by mike newall » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:52

My word.....

Just saw this, here I am - raising a glass.

:cry: