Aeronca Pre/Post War

Parts for Aeronca airplanes for sale
wisconsin7ac

Aeronca Pre/Post War

Post by wisconsin7ac » Wed Jun 25, 2014 17:32

I posted this under Prewar Aeronca's as well.

I just picked up a 1940 prewar (stick chief) project. It has a pretty decent fuselage, not damaged and no splices. It looks fairly solid. Wings are good patterns, no struts though. Has gear and shinn wheels, tailfeathers, big tach, front original nose bowl, engine mount. 65 hp continental with mags, carb. Wood propeller also. Has Paperwork. open to offers $$ only (no trades)

Also have 11ac metal nosebowl for mcdowell starter, 7ac nosebowl (fiberglass)
Overhead gas tank for defender. Shinn wheels. A few postwar wheels. prewar trim crank and mechanism. some prewar wing fittings from Chief.

Located in NW Wisconsin.

Please DO NOT post an inquiry on here. Just send me an email.

Jim@aviationassociatesinc.com

wisconsin7ac

Re: Aeronca Pre/Post War

Post by wisconsin7ac » Tue Sep 30, 2014 00:09

Well I pretty much sold everything except some old somewhat junky 7/11ac ailerons and a rather nice pair of L3/ 0-58 oleo case frames.

In all of this parts sales business everyone I sold stuff too was happy to get it at a decent price and I was happy to have it out of my hangar. Win/Win. Most times the check got to me before I even shipped out the parts. In some cases I made multiple shipments when I drove up to the UPS store and let the buyer know it was on the way and how much the shipping was and I always got paid.

Unfortunately there had to be the "one" guy who ripped me off. I can't believe someone would do that over a relatively small amount of gain.This guys name is Bill and he is restoring a Defender. He lives in North Carolina and flys from the Twin lakes Airport (8a7). He also flys an RV I believe.

So Bill if your reading this I sure hope you are happy with your defender gas tank that I sent to you and Im sure you will have the smug satisfaction that you got away with something. Someday that will ultimately come around to bite you.

I still have met and talked with far more good, honest people than I have had dealings with the bad and that is worth more than a few defender gas tanks.

Jim

Paul Agaliotis

Re: Aeronca Pre/Post War

Post by Paul Agaliotis » Tue Sep 30, 2014 18:07

Jim,
Sorry about the deadbeat, maybe he forgot and this post will jog his memory.
Send me a PM about the L3 oleo frames. I picked up another L3-B project and the oleo's are in good shape, but you can't have too many spares.
Paul
Mailing Adress : Paul Agaliotis 2060 E. San Martin, San Martin,Calif. 95046