Halon Wilson

Parts for Aeronca airplanes for sale
MikeB

Halon Wilson

Post by MikeB » Sun Nov 30, 2014 13:37

For anyone who might be interested, I listed the old Halon Wilson exhaust system off my Chief project on EBAY as I bought a rebuilt set instead. There are definitely "cores" as the fire cones are burned out inside but the external is intact and the stacks, heat muffs and clamps are in reasonably good shape. I'm unsure of the cost to rebuild a set of HW (or what's involved) but I don't need them any longer and they are TC for both the Champs and Chiefs rather than having to go through the 337 process to get approval for the Cessna system.

Any questions: shoot me an email.

Thanks
Mike

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=&_ ... acat=26435

hangerash

Re: Halon Wilson

Post by hangerash » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:20

Thanks Mike. Now you have an auction started..... :D
Richard

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Mon Dec 01, 2014 19:51

I see that. I don't sell a lot on 'flea bay' but I've had good luck with what I have sold and try to be honest about the condition. Little by little I'm cleaning out the shelves in the shop. I'd actually thought about sending them down to Dawley for a rebuild but a better deal (I think) came along. I've had pipes and stacks redone but never a muffler system.
Mike

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:42

Great auction Mike!!! :D
Richard

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sat Dec 06, 2014 17:20

Thanks! Looks like it went to a good Aeronca Club member too. All helps with $$$ for my Chief project (so that must be a 'worthy cause) although my wife always remarks "if it keeps you busy it's worth it".
Mike

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Sun Dec 07, 2014 08:07

Your wife sounds like mine. She has encouraged me to pick up a project or two.Now if the weather would stay temperate and permit working in the hangar, this could be a better winter.

Glad to hear the exhaust went to a good home.
Richard

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sun Dec 07, 2014 09:04

My shop is only about 75 feet away from the house and heated with propane. Only wish I would have put in floor heat instead of a furnace when I built it some 40 years ago. Only problem it gets cluttered with the airplane project, tractor, pickup, saws, welders, etc. etc.
Mike

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Sun Dec 07, 2014 18:14

I picked up an airplane in Crown Pointe, Indiana several years ago and they had a water manifold in the floor and heated the water with a wood furnace. The recovery is nearly immediate if you have to open and close the door.
Richard