Graphics, Stickers, Decals, Logos, Lettering...

Everything about your Aeronca, not Chief or Champ or Sedan specific.
jkvincent

Post by jkvincent » Thu May 22, 2008 08:36

Joe, ...hope you enjoy the graphics, the package I sent is yours to do as you wish, (I think you'll like'em).
Thanks for the offer to bring samples to Middletown, but I need to pass. Although I'm not opposed to making money,
I just have too many "things" goin' on.
What I might do is put together a "flier" and send you copies, maybe it'll generate some interest.

:wink: Not bragging, just stating fact, .....no one gives you as many choices/styles of AERONCA graphics as I do.
(I thought these things would be all over the back windows of pick-ups).
I'm really proud of some of my graphics, yet surprized that they haven't drawn more interest,
in 7 months, I've done 4 jobs, (two of those were free).
Oh well, ...I'm havin' a good time, Jim

earlier you asked who I fly for, ...Continental (21 yrs.)
Last edited by jkvincent on Thu Jan 14, 2010 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Thu May 22, 2008 10:23

Jim,

Thanks and will no doubt enjoy the stuff you sent along!

Let me know if/when you want to push the graphics a bit. Am sure that more and more people will be in touch when they see what you can do.

Any chance you know Don Jones or Hal Dean with Continental? I used to fly with Hal and he went to Continental way back in 1986 or so. Lost touch with him when I moved overseas...

Joe

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Tue May 27, 2008 11:58

Jim,

Just got the mail and the stuff looks excellent! Very nice work!

Need to get out to the hangar and see which shade is closest to the one on the Chief.

Thanks very much and hope to see you in Middletown!

Joe

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:17

Jim,

This is Matt from Switzerland. Since Joe already spelled it out that more and more people would get interested in your graphics, I might as well admit that they caught my eyes, too! Very nice, congratulations!

I know you don't want to invest much more time into this hobby, but I still have a question that bothers me and that would possibly keep you busy for a while....
Our Sedan rebuild is approaching completion and I am beginning to stay awake at night, because I can't decide which way to go in respect to the lettering. I want to be able to replace or fix letters easily, if they should be damaged, but I don't want decals, since I'd like paint not plastic on a 1949 airplane. What would solve my dilemma are inverse letters (templates) in the original 1949 style that I could simply stick onto the painted fabric, then spray the inside and remove the template. Now, I guess, this would also mean a different type of foil, since it must not damage the paint beneath, when being peeled of, again.

I feel that this might also be desired by other Aeronca owners and possibly not harder for you to make than the nice decals you are now making. What do you think, Jim? Although, if you decide to help, I'll be sweating again, since I don't have pictures of the original writing to send you. But some of the Sedans that were at Middletown this year do have them. And Joe might soon be able to take such pictures since his future Sedan also has them.... :wink:

Thanks and regards, Matt

Roger Anderson

Post by Roger Anderson » Tue Jul 01, 2008 14:52

I realize I'm talking graphics (decals) now, however, if anyone needs those, I got the ones for my Chief from the following. They went on pretty easy and have stuck like glue and continue to look great 5 years later. They can make just about anything, any size, and specialize in airplanes.

Matt, my younger daughter was just in Switzerland last week. In fact she called and had her mom listen to the jingle of cow bells from the cows on the side of the road. I don't know what the cows must have thought about that. In fact, she even got stopped by the Swiss police while driving. They thought she was talking on her cell phone while driving. Fortunately, her cell phone was locked in the trunk and she was probably playing with an earring. She is a very fluent French speaker also.

roger

http://www.aerographics.com/

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 05:02

Roger

Thanks for the Aerographics link. It is always good to have such addresses and to hear from someone who actually bought from them.
Yes, our police is becoming a real PITA regarding the use of cell phones, while driving. Although, personally I do admit, it is a risk factor which is often under estimated.

Matt

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:29

Matt,

We had some of these inverse layouts at Middletown this last June. It seems that Jody Wittmeyer had the same idea and had some made. The extras's were sold to help the NAA.

Bet that Jim could make these and if not then Jody might give you his source.

Joe

jkvincent

Post by jkvincent » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:53

Matt,
what you're interested in is Paint Mask, the letters are cut normally and "weeded" in reverse, you'll apply it,
paint and then remove it just as you would masking tape.
Paint Mask has a lower tack (similar to masking tape), the adhesive is less aggressive than vinyl.
If you give me an idea of what you're interested in, I sure we could work it out.

or I could send you the file and you could have it cut where ever you want,
which would probably be best since you're "out-of-town". (if you know what I mean)
Jim
Last edited by jkvincent on Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Wed Jul 02, 2008 17:34

Jim,

You fly for an airline, so grab a trip to Zurich and go and see Matt.

BTW, Matt and Monika, his wife, both work in the control tower at Zurich Airport! I always get direct routings and unlimited climbs when taking off from there! :)

Joe

Roger Anderson

Post by Roger Anderson » Wed Jul 02, 2008 18:04

Matt and Monika, his wife, both work in the control tower at Zurich Airport!

Hey Matt. I didn't know that. I retired from ATC 7 years ago. Worked at Los Angeles Center, Long Beach tower and Tracon (when there was one), Chicago O'Hare Tracon, several others, and retired out of Nashville, Tennessee. roger

jkvincent

Post by jkvincent » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:20

AERONCA Wheel Logo
Cleveland's (with screw)
Jim

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:21

Very nice looking!

Joe

colie85857

Post by colie85857 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 18:29

JIM, those wheels look almost as good as the ones you made for my chiefs goodyears. sharp.

jc pacquin

a pal says

Post by jc pacquin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 16:41

why no taylorcraft?

jkvincent

Post by jkvincent » Thu Oct 23, 2008 21:15

Why? ....why not.
Give me a few days to "play" with it.
Jim

UPDATE:
I think this graphic would be too small for a hubcap because of the smaller (lower case) text.
(or you could do just the outline without the text)
I think it would be fine anywhere else. I did some samples 8" wide (1 3/4" high) ...they look really good,
...of course not nearly as good as the Aeronca's ! :wink:

I don't particularly like the lettering (type style) of this logo,
but after a good bit of research it's as close to the original as I could get, and that's what's important!

Last edited by jkvincent on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:09, edited 1 time in total.