Around the patch

Everything about your Aeronca, not Chief or Champ or Sedan specific.
MikeB

Around the patch

Post by MikeB » Wed Jun 25, 2014 14:19

Don't think I've posted this before but a short five minute video take off, around the patch and landing with my L16 at our little airport in Strum, Wisconsin. The airport is owned by the flying club and we rent space (presently .12 square foot) to hangar owners. Seems to work pretty well.

MikeB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-uFSlrWD74

clipperfixer

Re: Around the patch

Post by clipperfixer » Wed Jun 25, 2014 16:03

I think I saw it before. I watched it again. Good stuff!

james gevay

Post by james gevay » Wed Jun 25, 2014 19:05

Very nice Mike, looks like a beautiful morning in your valley.

EDGEFLY

Post by EDGEFLY » Wed Jun 25, 2014 20:41

Very nice,Mike. I would favor a little more coverage of the leading man and the bird itself though. Jim G, Being just a plain ole hillbilly, if that is the valley, how far do you have to look to see the points where the valley ends ? :lol:

Beautiful country Mike.

Dale

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Wed Jun 25, 2014 21:01

Actually, it is a long valley (Beef River Valley) that pretty much runs southwest to the Mississippi about 40 miles away. The farm fields were worked up and planted when the video was shot and are getting green now....especially with all the rain we've had lately although nothing like where Jim lives in Twin Cities. I understand they've had over 10 inches in June. We've had about 6 or 7. I want to shoot another video further south of town in the hill country but it takes almost 3 hours to upload anything on 'youtube' with our pokey DSL.

When I flew into Oshkosh last year I had the camera all set up and ready to shoot from Ripon-Fisk-and 'landing on the dot'. Once I got to Ripon I was so excited about keeping track of where I was I forgot to turn the camera on :cry: .

MikeB

james gevay

Post by james gevay » Thu Jun 26, 2014 07:05

It's a really shallow valley, nothing like in "Gods country" in Pennsylvania, at least that's what my friend from Pennsylvania always called it.