Ohio Official Aircraft

Everything about your Aeronca, not Chief or Champ or Sedan specific.
Aeroncachamp

Ohio Official Aircraft

Post by Aeroncachamp » Fri Jul 11, 2014 09:12

Does Ohio have an official state aircraft designated? I saw where recently Pa declared the Piper Cub their state aircraft and immediately thought of the Champ over the Wright Flyer or Waco. Wouldn't that be nice?

EDGEFLY

Re: Ohio Official Aircraft

Post by EDGEFLY » Fri Jul 11, 2014 19:12

Like your idea, but would prefer "Aeronca" to just champ.

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:34

Dale,

Why did Pennsylvania declare the Bub the State aircraft instead of Piper?

IMHO It has to be Champ since that is the design that continues today as the 7ECA.

Richard
Richard

Aeroncachamp

Post by Aeroncachamp » Sun Jul 13, 2014 20:14

I have no idea how it was done or sponsored in Pa. Do we have anyone with that knowledge here?

EDGEFLY

Post by EDGEFLY » Sun Jul 13, 2014 22:13

aeronca champ,

At this moment, I have no idea , but will ask around and see what I can find out. Probably a lot of help from Cub lovers and a simple request to a state legislator.

Richard,
As I'm sure you know, the Piper legend was built around the Cub and it had great economic impact in the Lock Haven area which had nothing to do with Aztecs and Saratogas. I'm not against you Ohioans having a state bird called a Champ but if you ever get it running care must be taken when you fly East. we have Eagles here who can probably fly faster than a Champ and might just decide to feed on slower creatures like that ! If you happen to be night current it might be safe come on over after official sunset. The Eagles rest during the dark hours.

Regards,

Dale

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Wed Jul 16, 2014 22:28

Dale,

History has recorded the Champ was built to improve on the imperfections of the Piper Cub. I have listened to all of the Chiep owners ratchet jawing about the virtual velocity they purport to achieve. Hands down my Champ will beat your Chiep even if you wash it down with MMO before the flight. :D
Richard