"Hangars are no place for building airplanes...":

Everything about your Aeronca, not Chief or Champ or Sedan specific.
Aerco

Re: "Hangars are no place for building airplanes...":

Post by Aerco » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:34

shorty wrote:4
But there could be a problem if you park your car in the hangar, while you take your airplane to Blakesburg, or Middleton, for a week, and the inspectors happen to come by for a look-see while you're gone.

This happens to be specifically allowed at our airport, by the management, no idea what the FAA would say to that. I imagine the nation would come crashing down around our ears if people did such things.

brink

Post by brink » Wed Dec 05, 2018 16:22

I visited a neighboring airport in Denton County, and lots of activity today, seemed like a T/O and landing every five minutes, great to see, compaired to,our live in community airport, very little restrictions offering no activity. Compaired to restrictions up the ying yang and lots of activity, another private field has at least 12 aircraft on tie downs, a live in community, with Commerical operations Kingairs, Cessna 421s, 2 flight schools, and 24hr fuel Avgas and turbine, maintenance on call after 8Pm, GA dyeing, I can see a little may be,but the activity I’ve seen lately paints a different picture. Most Hanger activity has a variety of activity going on, boats,Cars,service company’s, that build Nas Cars, and racing components, power coating, and aircraft painting and Avonics at very reasonable prices.

rkittine

Post by rkittine » Wed Dec 05, 2018 18:12

If I build a hanger at my own expense, pay a ground lease for the land and pay taxes. I want to do what ever I want with it as long as it is legal. I take the risk of the closing of the airport, like the 4 that were in Rockland County, New York, when I lived there and now there are none.

Bob
Robert P. Kittine, Jr.WA2YDV
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C.
New York, New York 631-374-9652
rkittine@aol.com

brink

Post by brink » Thu Dec 06, 2018 17:39

I know what your saying, I had to hire a lawyer to keep my neighbors at bay,and in the process I learned the field I live on will go to the county when the owner passes in his late80s now. I know when the County takes over their will be changes,only good part is I live here,and here I will stay, if the county closes the runway, which is possible,I have a trailer to transport my plane else where, if not finished, or fly it off. or sell it what ever I chose, as long as I pay the properity tax and follow the county requests I am good, time will tell and we will see, like my step dad use to say, (the wait and seers will get you every time) !