I miss reading lot of daily posts

Everything about your Aeronca, not Chief or Champ or Sedan specific.
JDM-AZ

Re: I miss reading lot of daily posts

Post by JDM-AZ » Sat Apr 04, 2015 20:23

I'd like to chime in as well, agreeing with everyone here.

Try as I might, on this and other interest groups, for an exchange of ideas and information, FB is not my cup of tea.

IMHO by and large FB is nothing more than a Mecca for narcissists (...look at ME, look at ME...).

I find forums in this format (joea.com) to be far more useful in many aspects. The primary one is that it is a repository for information and ideas for a period oft times going well beyond the life span of the person posting it. Then the real beauty occurs in that it is able to be mined/searched and retrieved in many different ways.

So, my hat is off to Joe A and the others in the cyber-village who have the time, the dedication and ability to keep these kinds of forums operating.

A very sincere "thank you" Mr. Abrahamson!

It's not about "gettin' with the times" as some may suggest, but more an evaluation of usefulness.
JDM-AZ
Central Arizona

JDM-AZ

Post by JDM-AZ » Sun Apr 05, 2015 23:05

I'll add my vote for keeping this style of forum alive.

To me FB seems like nothing more than a bunch of narcissist aka the "look at me, look at me" bunch.

And I agree that in terms of usefulness, being able to search and retrieve information, this style of forum wins, hands down!

My hat is off to Joe Abrahamson and others like him, who have the ability and desire to keep this style of forum alive.

Thank you Joe A!
JDM-AZ
Central Arizona

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Fri May 08, 2015 12:23

JDM-AZ

I empathize with you. The dialogue on this forum and the f-AA maillist have proved a source of reference material in the operation, repair, and restoration of my Aeronca aircraft. The REAL people still exist on these sites and a specific question will evoke a stream of wisdom that typical offers a solution.

Richard who follows FB just to keep in touch socially, and looks here daily for answers.
Richard

dikholder

Post by dikholder » Sat May 09, 2015 03:22

Patience Grasshoppers; I think it is that the friggin snow just melted off most of the northern strips. We will get more active soon. I for one, am real close to test flying my 2 and a half year project the Queen of the Berry Patch, a 15AC that I found in a hay field with honest to god raspberries growning up around her in the summer of 2012.

Dik Holder, N1441H, Queen of the Berry Patch

hangerash

Post by hangerash » Sat May 09, 2015 03:43

Have been following the Queen's saga Dik. Wished you had made it out before the winter snow.

Richard
Richard

dikholder

Post by dikholder » Sun May 10, 2015 15:46

Thanks, I am real close now. The new mags and wires are on and it ran real well. Front two plug wires are rubbing the cowl and I have to either insulate them real well with some tubing or grommetts, or make bump outs in the cowl. I am resisting the planishing hammer route, because I dont want to have to repaint the cowl and I am sure that would be part of that process.

Dik

bob turner

Post by bob turner » Mon May 11, 2015 12:04

They make shorty shielded pluags that seem just as good as the long ones?

DELCOM

Post by DELCOM » Mon May 11, 2015 14:15

REM37BY is the number of the short plugs
N84029 7AC conv. #2716 Completed and flying
N83059 7BCM #1715 fully restored and sold

dikholder

Post by dikholder » Thu May 14, 2015 02:22

Thanks. That is a great idea. I will grab a couple of those for the front cylinders.

Dik