PK 1500 floats...Need 337

All about Aeroncas on floats
WWhunter

PK 1500 floats...Need 337

Post by WWhunter » Sat May 26, 2007 11:49

I am looking for any copies of a 337 for installing PK 1500 floats on a 7AC-CONV. The plane has an 0-235 and is LSA and I would like to keep it that way.
Keith

skifloats

PK 1500

Post by skifloats » Mon May 28, 2007 08:10

I purchased the STC (number SA3-6) from P.K. FLoats in Old Town, Maine. Can't remember how much $$. Your IA will have the 337 for you after he signs off the installation. I can give you a copy of my paper work if you'd like but the 5 pages of the STC have all the info you'll need.

WWhunter

Post by WWhunter » Mon May 28, 2007 10:24

Skifloats,

I guess the problem I have is that these floats have been on this plane for several years before I purchased it. The log book states they were installed per 337. I cannot find the 337 in the paperwork that was givin to me when I purchased the plane and floats. I did order the CD fro the FAA to see if there is a copy that was submitted by living up here in the boonies I highly doubt it was ever submitted or even done to be honest with you. Lots of people around here seem to rely on "someone" else's paperwork.

I called PK and they told me that these floats were never approved on a 7AC and that I would need to get the plane converted to a DC or something. Or I could TRY and get a field approval which seems to be hard to get anymore.

If it is okay I can PM you a fax number of the mechanic to send copies of what you have.

Thank you,
Keith

PS. Where are you located?

skifloats

Floats

Post by skifloats » Mon May 28, 2007 20:08

First You'll need to know what conversion your 7AC is converted to. I think you have the 115 hp. Then talk to your mechanic and decide if you what him to do the work technically correct or do you want to do it yourself. PK has the STC for the floats if there is one. Send me your email address.

WWhunter

Post by WWhunter » Mon May 28, 2007 23:18

The STC only states to stamp the data plate, "7AC-CONV" but the last page of the STC paper work say it is to be thought of as the same as a 7CCM.

As far as the mechanic goes....doesn't seem to be much lee-way when it comes to technically correct if you get what I am saying. Strictly by the book! Nothing wrong with that as he does have to protect himself and I understand where he is coming from in todays society but if I would have know the problems involved I would have found someone else.

Sent you a PM.
Keith