NEED A NEW GPS

Radios, intercoms, headsets and GPS systems
hammmike

Re: NEED A NEW GPS

Post by hammmike » Fri Apr 12, 2013 13:24

Could you show how you mounted the IFLY to the dash? I picked one up at Lakeland.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Fri Apr 12, 2013 15:04

Mike,
Here's how I mounted my Ifly. Probably not the best picture but all I did was run a screw through the dash with a nut on it and used a piece of velcro on the bottom to stabilize it. I had to 'modify' the screw slightly to make it fit into the slot. I'm not a fan of the suction cup. I had it stuck to the corner of the winshield but it fell off twice in hot weather. I think you'll like the Ifly. I also have the Sky-Radar that hooks to it with a USB cable but the new ones use wi-fi. The support is outstanding and it's easy to load the updates.

The picture will probably get big again as I haven't figured out how to make things smaller (Well, that didn't work as I got a message that the 'board attachment quota has been reached. Send me your email acdress by my PM and I'll attach it to a seperate email)
Mike Berg

hammmike

Post by hammmike » Mon Apr 15, 2013 18:17

I bought a IFLY 700 at Lakeland and when I got home I put it in my Champ with a greenhouse top and could not see anything on it at all. I called the business up and they are trading it in on a Garmin 500 for full exchange on what I paid. I think it will be easer to see, I hope.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Mon Apr 15, 2013 21:12

I (obviously) have a green house in my L16 and seeing it in bright light can be an issue although my 'green' house actually has a dark brown tint so maybe not quite as bad. IFLY does have magnetic 'hood' that goes over the unit and supposely the updated IFY720 cures the light problem. I guess I hadn't noticed it's that much of a problem overall but I've been thinking about getting the hood anyway as it's not that expensive ($25?).
Mike

hammmike

Post by hammmike » Mon Apr 15, 2013 23:03

I guess what I have could be considered a clear house. It is a clear top. It is really bright inside in the sunlight.