ICOM external power

Radios, intercoms, headsets and GPS systems
Paul Agaliotis

ICOM external power

Post by Paul Agaliotis » Wed Aug 30, 2017 15:13

I had an adapter made for my handheld to replace the battery pack with an external power adapter. Save plugging in via the charging adapter. It looks pretty nice and I'll let you know how it works. Its from sales@kcheadsets.com, ask for Terry.
Paul
Mailing Adress : Paul Agaliotis 2060 E. San Martin, San Martin,Calif. 95046

rkittine

Re: ICOM external power

Post by rkittine » Wed Aug 30, 2017 18:54

You can also purchase these from WW Manufacturing / Broadway Batter on Long Island in New York. depending on the ICOM model, some already have an additional DC Input (A-20 etc.) but some of the newer ones (A-6, A-24) , though you can get the regulated Cigarette Lighter Plus charger, which will also run the radio, you risk the potential of over-charging the battery.Keep in mind that the newer models do not run on 13.6 volts, some on 7 and some on 11. The ICOM charging cable, drops the voltage and the ICOM Techs will tell you that the battery left in line is an ADDITIONAL Current Regular and they do not recommend using the "Battery Eliminators" from the after market. I however have at least 5 of them for a variety of ICOM Hand Held Radios and have never had a problem.

Bob
Robert P. Kittine, Jr.WA2YDV
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C.
New York, New York 631-374-9652
rkittine@aol.com