B&C Alternator STC

Aircraft electrical systems. Generators, both engine and wind driven. Other electrical systems, wiring, fuses, lighting and so on.
Mnflyer

B&C Alternator STC

Post by Mnflyer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 19:51

Hi all a couple of weeks ago jkvincent asked about the B&C alternator, I just came across this thought it was very interesting.
Maybe Joe knows about this or these folks their out in his neck of the woods?

LIGHTWEIGHT ALTERNATOR • $895 • AVAILABLE • STC'ed Lightwt 6#, 30A Alternator. $895 STC'ed on Luscombe- Soon on Cessna, Tcraft, Aeronca, Piper • Contact DDD Losey - CLASSIC AERO located Gilbert, AZ USA • Telephone: 480-650-0883 • Fax: 484-762-6711 • Posted November 9, 2007 •
Last edited by Mnflyer on Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:57, edited 2 times in total.
GB MN.Flyer
Flying a Champ 7DC and a HKS Kitfox III

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Sun Nov 11, 2007 01:38

This is the Luscombe Association in a suburb just SE of Phoenix. Do not know much about them but do know that they have a good reputation and that they have a lot of parts that will fit our Aeronca's, so are a very good source for the aviaition community.

Classicaero

Post by Classicaero » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:52

joea wrote:This is the Luscombe Association in a suburb just SE of Phoenix. Do not know much about them but do know that they have a good reputation and that they have a lot of parts that will fit our Aeronca's, so are a very good source for the aviaition community.
Actually it is the Luscombe Endowment / Classic Aero. They are NOT Team Luscombe nor the Luscombe Association.

The former is a subsidiary of Renaissance Aircraft, owing many, delivering to few. The Luscombe Association is in Wisconsin and provides no parts support.

We would be glad to hear from you at www.luscombe.org, or 480-650-0883.
Doug Combs, for Classic Aero LLC.
Purveyors of lightweight alternators for vintage aircraft, parts for Cleveland and Goodyear Mechanical brakes, Ball bearing pulleys for Luscombe, Aeronca, and Taylorcraft,
support for Luscombe aircraft.

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Sun Dec 07, 2008 22:35

Hey, at least I was close!! :)

WWhunter

Post by WWhunter » Mon Dec 08, 2008 09:11

I have noticed Doug responding to a lot of posts on here and as for myself he will be a great addition on this site.
Keith

Classicaero

Post by Classicaero » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:02

WWhunter wrote:I have noticed Doug responding to a lot of posts on here and as for myself he will be a great addition on this site.
Keith
Thanks for your vote of confidence. I had a suggestion from one of our Luscombe Forum members to utilize Aeronca's phpBB forum format on our website. I decided to try out the site first to see why he was attracted to the format (other than the personality of the people / airplane).

I found a few threads that were of interest / use, and really got into the whole layout by discussing a few different points. I REALLY LIKE the format, and I think you guys have a great group with good ideas and descent communication, so the sharing part has been easy. Now I have to find a volunteer or two to change up the forum at www.luscombe.org.

Since I have been pretty (over)active, I promise to tone it down a bit so as not to be a pain. If anyone has details about PROBLEMS with the phpBB sytem, I would like to hear about those too.
Doug Combs, for Classic Aero LLC.
Purveyors of lightweight alternators for vintage aircraft, parts for Cleveland and Goodyear Mechanical brakes, Ball bearing pulleys for Luscombe, Aeronca, and Taylorcraft,
support for Luscombe aircraft.

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Mon Dec 08, 2008 16:19

Doug,

Brian Matz and I set this BBS up ourselves in Nov of 2004. The NAA was getting robbed by the old internet provider so we moved the BBS and everything over to my personal website provider, and it piggybacks here for free. Old firm charged $30 a month for 1/10th the size and bandwidth.

The PHP format is a free BBS and most website hosting companies include it in their list of free programs. That said, if they do not have it you can download it for free.

I have a guy in Phoenix who helps me out when there is something over my head with the BBS. Last modification we did was to introduce much stronger security measures to keep the spammers out. Before we did this I was deleting 20-50 new accounts a day that were generated by spambots (spam robots) that took up to an hour of my time. Now we have not had a spam or spambot register in months now. He worked on this for a couple of hours and charged me $150, which I was happy to pay to take care of the security issues.

If you need help am glad to assist where I can or give you my software guys email here in Phoenix. Its a very easy forum to use and a thousand times better than what we had before IMHO.

Joe A