Total Loss paperwork

Aircraft electrical systems. Generators, both engine and wind driven. Other electrical systems, wiring, fuses, lighting and so on.
Captgrumps

Total Loss paperwork

Post by Captgrumps » Sun Apr 19, 2009 22:47

At one time I had copy of 337 for installation of battery total loss sytem to operate a starter on a Champ. In a house cleaning it disappeared. Does anyone have one that has had an approval or field approval that could be looked at for a Champ. Any help would be appreciated. A starter on a Champ that is battery powered is alot safer than hand proping.

Doug
Keep the pointed end forward--
The dirty side down.....
And the blue skies on top....

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Mon Apr 20, 2009 00:56

Just emailed you one.

Joe

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Mon Apr 20, 2009 20:40

Joe,
I could probably use a copy too. The Buzz Wagner STC for my 0200 installation in the L16 (7BCM) indicates that a "basic electrical system installation may be used as on the Chief STC SA57RM" (direct quote). Reading the Chief STC it appears it's a complete starting and charging system and according to my IA should surfice the total loss system, if it's written correctly. However, I'm of the opinion that more paperwork and ammunition can't hurt over the long run (just in case). One other note: looking at the FAA CD on the L16, there is a approved battery installation behind the rear seat when the CAP owned the plane. It appears it was for a basic radio and lighting system with a generator between the landing gear which I don't have anymore. The logs apparently disappeared back in the 70's so I only have the CD to go on.

Mike B.

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Mon Apr 20, 2009 22:09

Mike,

Its on its way to you.

Joe

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Mon Apr 20, 2009 22:17

Got it!! Thanks Joe !!! :D :D :D :D

Mike Berg