sliding window maintenance

Photos of our airplanes, hopefully Aeronca but if not so be it!
Champ Dreamer

Re: sliding window maintenance

Post by Champ Dreamer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 18:50

Gentlemen,

I will come up with a cost and get back to you.

Brian

Carl Prather

Post by Carl Prather » Sat Feb 02, 2013 15:57

Brian,

I am also interested in purchasing channels for my 7AC project if you would be so inclined.

Tx,

Carl Prather

Champ Dreamer

Post by Champ Dreamer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 08:53

Thanks,

Sorry, meant to get back to you guys sooner. The channels turned out "pretty nice" but have a little "wavyness" on the exposed portion. They are really hard to make, but I think I've come up with a method that would make it a little easier, and perhaps limit the wavy part. I would figure $40 total for upper and lower, plus actual shipping.

Thanks,
Brian

williamc

Post by williamc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 17:22

Brian,
I'll be needing a set also for my 7BCM. You can e-mail me at william.nc41@gmail.com or you can send me a PM.
Thanks, Bill
Carolina Aeronca Pilot

brink

Post by brink » Sun Feb 10, 2019 16:22

I gust got my parts for my sliding windows and installed them, the stiffners look pretty good, had rivits installed, I guess I will try that, the rivits look like .040 Lucky on one point my window tracks are steel,and look okay a little bent up and wayve,but I was able to straitened them up. The top track had a little corrosion, no bad, both tracks had four screw holes at the end plate, thinking about using polytac cement,and attaching fabric to the bottom of the track. And then using the polytac to attach the rails in the u-channel. Then use the felt. The 3M headliner cement mentioned in an earlier post, is a good Idea I will use that. Getting lots of Ideas, off this site, thanks for the help.