Florian Pinking shears

Fabric and covering. Fabric, dopes, paint and everything associated with the coverings on our planes.
Carl Prather

Florian Pinking shears

Post by Carl Prather » Tue Mar 24, 2009 19:39

I was able to contact to one the grandchildren people who owned the Florian Pinker company. Dana has 34 of those pinkers like the one advertised Aircraft Spruce back when. They are new old stock. Dana will sell them to you guys at $25 each plus $12 shipping in the U.S. using Paypal. Being of sound mind and body, I've bought three for myself leaving 31.

Just send me your emails and I'll pass them along until they are gone.

Nathan K. Hammond

Post by Nathan K. Hammond » Tue Mar 24, 2009 21:19

Carl, did they close up shop? I bought my mom a set for mothers day several years back but they somehow made their way into my toolbox. :wink: Use them every time I'm doing fabric work!

nkh
7AC-5691
Super 85-12F @ DVK

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Tue Mar 24, 2009 22:06

Carl,

Boy those are getting hard to find. Almost thinking about buying a set myself even though I have no fabric work planned! Hmmm, let me think about it or you might send me their email so I can get ahold of them.

Thx,

Joe

Carl Prather

Florian

Post by Carl Prather » Wed Mar 25, 2009 02:25

Joe,

Dana wanted to sell all of the shears to me so I could in turn re-sell them and she be finished with but I have no interest.

As I mentioned before, if anyone in Aeronca group wants to BUY a set of shears then send me an email and I will pass it along to the Florian family.

Carl

Carl Prather

Florian Precision

Post by Carl Prather » Wed Mar 25, 2009 02:55

Nathan,

Dana Florian just told me that the shop has been closed up and they found the remaining shears while cleaning up. She didn't say when production ceased but I'll ask.

Carl

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Wed Mar 25, 2009 05:31

Carl,

If she wants to sell all of the shears as a group, pls send me the email.

I could get them and sell them as people are interested. Would much rather have the Aeronca family have them.

Joe

Paul Agaliotis

Post by Paul Agaliotis » Wed Mar 25, 2009 07:27

Joe,
I think enough people will step up and make a small donation. It would be in everyone's interest to use the NAA as a parts/tooling depot.
Paul
Mailing Adress : Paul Agaliotis 2060 E. San Martin, San Martin,Calif. 95046

Nathan K. Hammond

Post by Nathan K. Hammond » Wed Mar 25, 2009 09:12

Bummer. Carl, put me down for 2 pair.

Nathan_K_Hammond (at) hotmail . com

nkh
7AC-5691
Super 85-12F @ DVK

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Mar 25, 2009 21:44

Carl

Put me down for a pair also.

Doug

Captgrumps@bellsouth.net
Keep the pointed end forward--
The dirty side down.....
And the blue skies on top....

Carl Prather

Florian pinkers

Post by Carl Prather » Wed Mar 25, 2009 23:23

Dana wrote me back and said she would sell them for $29 each including shipping in the U.S. I have one now and its perfect.
-
I'm torn between two sets of needs. The first for Nathan, Jeff Parker (AKA Dr Jeff) Jeff, Doug (AKA Grumps) and Kyle Boatwright. The second is the wisdom of Joe Abrahamson and Paul Agaliotis who want to make this advantage go to the Aeronca Group first.
-
I realize now that if I release the email address, two things can happen. The Florian family gets buried in emails and the pinkers could go to some guy who drinks Buckhorn beer and flies a Tripacer. I couldn't sleep at night worrying whether the Tri-Pacer guy would use the pinker to trim his nose hair then brag later about how good both he and his airplane look. (Nathan knows of which I speak)
-
I've thinking I should buy the pinkers for those who have asked and ask these fine folks (well, Nathan might be the exception) to donate to the NAA to help buy the rest.
-
This way you guys who asked will get the goods, NKH, Grumps, DRJeff amd Kyle make the seed donations to the NAA and Joe can be the keeper of what remains with donations for the finest planes and pliots on the planet and finally, the Florian family isn't bothered and gets the last of Pinkers out of their house.
-
What do you gentleman think?

Paul Agaliotis

Post by Paul Agaliotis » Thu Mar 26, 2009 04:51

Carl,
I think that would be the correct way to handle this.
Who do I send my 30 bucks to. I have a little work to do on my nose hair.
Paul
Mailing Adress : Paul Agaliotis 2060 E. San Martin, San Martin,Calif. 95046

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Thu Mar 26, 2009 07:33

Would not want to bother the family with loads of emails, and thats why I wanted to take what they had left over and sell them from the NAA. But the other guys did speak up first, so agree with Carl to his plan.

Carl Prather

Pinkers

Post by Carl Prather » Thu Mar 26, 2009 09:01

Joe,

So it's a go. I've bought pinkers for everyone who has asked and I will re-mail them at no cost.

Once everyone gets their pinkers, I only ask that you folks send payment to the NAA which will be the seed money for the remaining pinkers.

Joe, is it OK to advise Dana that the NAA is buying the remaining pinkers and you will be contacting her?

I very happy this is working out.

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:37

Carl,

When the dust settles, let me know how much the cost is for the remaining shears and I will buy them for the NAA. When you get everything taken care of then pls let me know and send me her email address.

We can then put a photo and blurb on the NAA company store and list them for people. Might charge a buck or two more but it will help support the NAA.

Thx for the help with this!

Joe

john-ranger

Post by john-ranger » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:47

I would like a pair if it's not too late.

-John Murphy
John
Aeronca 7AC
N83406