Edge trim

Fabric and covering. Fabric, dopes, paint and everything associated with the coverings on our planes.
EDGEFLY

Edge trim

Post by EDGEFLY » Sat Aug 23, 2014 17:00

I'm looking for a source for edge trim. It would ideally be a Fiberglas or plastic or maybe even metal flexible U- shaped product for use on exterior surfaces of my plane. My immediate need is for u- channel shaped material with an interior depth of about 1/8 to 3/16 in. And a total width of 5/16 to 3/8 inches. I would like to apply it to the outside edges of the wheel pants openings and attach it with either an epoxy glue or even screws if necessary. It would accept paint so as to match the trim although everything I've found so far is plastic or rubber and probably fails on that point. Other possible future applications include door edges on my 11 AC. Please let me know if you have ideas for this and vendors with potentially applicable products.

Dale

hangerash

Re: Edge trim

Post by hangerash » Wed Aug 27, 2014 05:18

Dale,

My first thought as I read your post is why does he want to add weight? Aircraft Spruce has a good selection of molding products and usually they are rubber for mating surfaces. I recently purchased some molding for the band around the front of the windscreen. Works great!
Last edited by hangerash on Wed Aug 27, 2014 05:33, edited 1 time in total.
Richard

EDGEFLY

Re: Edge trim

Post by EDGEFLY » Wed Aug 27, 2014 05:27

Richard,
He wouldn't, but I am just trying to be prepared for the possibility of covering up some ragged edges if necessary. I did try the catalog companies but didn't find anything. I frequently ask if someone on the forum has an idea for a fix or source for a product. there's a lot of knowledge amongst the membership. Thanks for your response.

Dale