Champ for sale

Post-War Aeronca Champ airplanes
pmanton

Champ for sale

Post by pmanton » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:08

A friend asked me to pass the word on his Champ for sale. His name is Jim Otey and he is a VERY anal A&P.
His email is quoted below. It is LSA compliant.

Hi Paul,
Well, we are here in the house but not settled in as yet. Our truckload of furniture and boxed stuff will be here on Friday afternoon and a crew of family and friends of the family (our daughter) will be here to help unload on Saturday morning. We did sell the house in Lewiston but the Champ and hangar remain unsold. The hangar may sell to the fellow who bought our house as he has a C-170 but has no need for the Champ. If you happen on to anyone who would like to own an O-200 powered champ with 135 hours on the rebuilt engine (new ECI cylinder assemblies, new cam, rebuilt lifters, new carb, overhauled mags, Hanlon-Wilson exhaust system, light weight starter and alternator), send them in my direction. The airframe was rebuilt in year 2004 using new wood, sand blasted steel, powder coated, Stewart Systems covering, Scott 3200 tail wheel, Cleveland disks, bla, bla, bla.

Richard

Re: Champ for sale

Post by Richard » Thu Nov 06, 2014 16:44

I have a neighbor who wants a LSA champ, and he lives about 100 miles from LWS. Price and a way to get ahold of the owner?

Thanks Richard

pmanton

Post by pmanton » Sat Nov 08, 2014 09:24

Jim Otey's email is oscartango@cableone.net Unfortunately I don't have his new phone number yet.
Paul

WWhunter

Post by WWhunter » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:03

Did anyone ever buy this Champ?

pmanton

Post by pmanton » Sun Jun 28, 2015 09:41

It's gone