New Rudder Pedals for Sedans & Chiefs

Aeronca Sedan Airplanes
AV8R2

New Rudder Pedals for Sedans & Chiefs

Post by AV8R2 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 13:53

I have sent out for quotes for casting new rudder pedals for the Sedan; the same pedal was originally used on the Chief. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who would like to order new pedals for their 11 Series Chief or for their Sedan.

My point of inquiry on these pedals is prompted by the sudden need for original type pedals to complete the installation of brakes on the co-pilot's side on the Sedan.

I do not have any prices back yet but thought that I would get the ball rolling to see if there is any other interest in new pedals.

Burl
When all else fails, go to the source. Factory Approved parts and data will get you back in the air.

joea
Site Admin

Re: New Rudder Pedals for Sedans & Chiefs

Post by joea » Fri Aug 28, 2009 18:35

Burl,

Just to clarify.

The Sedan and the 11CC versions of the Chief use the same rudder pedals as far as I know of.

Toe brake pedals have been installed on various 11AC and 11BC airplanes in the field, and the toe brakes MAY have been an option from the factory on the 11BC aircraft.

The stock "heel brake pedal" used on the 11AC and most 11BC aircraft are not the same as the toe brake pedal on the Sedan. They may be modified to fit these airplane but are not a standard replacement item.

These have been sold by Buzz Wagner up in the Dakotas for a while now but are sold as rough castings, and no holes or detailing done to them what so ever.

Glad to see these being made and bet you can sell some.

Joe A

AV8R2

Post by AV8R2 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 18:58

Here is the data off of Dwg. No. 4-717 Rev.C:

4-717 9/3/46 Approved on Aeronca 11A

Rev A: 11/6/46 Tolerances revised

Rev B: 9/26/46 Added Aeronca 11B and 11C

Rev C: 11-17-47 Add Aeronca 15AC

I would think that this covers several of the Chief models. However, I will be the first to admit I am not that familiar with the 11 Series Aeroncas.

These pedals will be a finished, machined part. I won't sell half-finished "parts"(very loose term here) at all. If it doesn't meet specifications then finish it and then offer it for sale.

Burl
When all else fails, go to the source. Factory Approved parts and data will get you back in the air.

AV8R2

Post by AV8R2 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 20:43

I am taking orders now for rudder pedals. Price depends on quantity I order. Even if you are remotely interested let me know.

Burl

(907)688-3715