Wing Spar Cap Service Bulletin Amended

Aeronca Sedan Airplanes
AV8R2

Wing Spar Cap Service Bulletin Amended

Post by AV8R2 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 20:53

At the risk of stirring the pot or opening Pandora's Box...............

I wrote an amendment to the Service Bulletin on the wing spar cap angles (June 23, 2011). Since the FAA has not been forthcoming with any information or extensions I took it upon myself to handle the seemingly biggest issue here; the time frame for compliance. The FAA finally issued a "letter of acceptance" today and I just got the email with it
attached about 30 minutes ago.

In a nutshell, the amendment extends the time for first inspection from 10 hours to 25 hours , or 6 months, whichever is earlier. Installation of the covers and doublers installation requirement is extended to 12 months after receipt of the Service Bulletin.

I tried to make the times longer and push to 18 months but FAA would have none of it so I took what they would accept. I tried.

I hope this relieves some of the consternation and heartburn this has caused. Just remember; I did not start this. I would have much rather spent all my money on my new wheel and brake kits, rib dies and some new castings to start building new Sedans in the next year or so.

This "Amendment A" will be posted on my website under the "Helps and Hints" section. You can download and print it from there.

Burl
When all else fails, go to the source. Factory Approved parts and data will get you back in the air.