Queen of the Berry Patch

Aeronca Sedan Airplanes
joea
Site Admin

Re: Queen of the Berry Patch

Post by joea » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:31

Champ Dreamer wrote:Not only are bladders a good shoice, the older ones are actually much better that those prodiced today. I had a bladder manufacturer explain to me (back in my Bonanza days) that the material (rubber) used in the 40s and 50s is much superior to what's available today.

Brian Walker

7 AC now DC
And they can be overhauled fairly cheaply.

If anyone is grounded and needs to borrow a bladder to have overhauled, I have a couple of extra's that I could loan out to be overhauled, then once they are in the airplane send me the old ones back. Thanks to Brian Safran who donated these to the cause.

Joe A

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:32

dikholder wrote:Well, I got these replies a little bit late, I stopped at Burls this weekend and picked up the metal tanks . The guy I bought this plane from said it always leaked fuel. So, If anyone wants These bladders let me know. They are both already out of the plane.

Dik
Dik,

Pls do not throw them out. If nothing else send them down to me and when someone needs some I can send them out as needed.

Thanks,

Joe A

dikholder

Post by dikholder » Tue Oct 16, 2012 15:10

Joe: I wont throw them out. I would like to trade them if anyone has a rear sling seat knee bar, I need one. I also need the uprights for one side of my EDO 2000 floats.

Dik

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Tue Oct 16, 2012 19:05

Dik,

You mean the rear bar that goes between the fuselage posts to form the front part of the rear seat?

Believe I have one but wasnt really looking to get rid of it. Sure would loan it out to let someone copy it though!

I already have 6 bladders now (two in the airplane and 3-4 spares) so not looking for more, but do not want to see any thrown out like others have done in the past. We need to save these spares for the future.

Joe A

Louis

Post by Louis » Tue Oct 16, 2012 23:37

If you end up wanting to borrow that bar to copy, I've got one here in Fairbanks in my pile of parts which, hopefully, will be assembled back into a flying Sedan before I'm too old to fly it....Louis

dikholder

Post by dikholder » Wed Oct 17, 2012 00:27

Fantastic Louis. I live in North Pole so I think we can make this work.

Dik

dikholder

Post by dikholder » Wed Oct 17, 2012 00:29

If I cant find a reasonable trade on the bladders, Then I will definitely donate them to you Joe.

Dik

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:21

Thanks and are you looking for any other parts? Do not have anything for floats but do have some spares.

Not meaning to trade for the bladders but we have to help each other out keeping the Sedans in the air!

Joe

dikholder

Post by dikholder » Wed Oct 17, 2012 15:28

Joe:

I also need the cuffs at the top of the main gear legs to fulselage.

Dik

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Wed Oct 17, 2012 15:34

Wish I had those. The entire landing gear on the one I bought was torn out. I got many of the spares out of a Sedan that landed "off airport" in Alaska when he got carb ice. Have some stuff but not everything...

Louis

Post by Louis » Fri Oct 19, 2012 22:40

You've probably already thought of this and I'm stating the obvious: but did you ask Burl about the seat bar? If he has them it could be easier and cheaper than fabricating one.....Louis

dikholder

Post by dikholder » Sat Oct 20, 2012 03:12

No, I made a whirlwind trip through Burls. I was towing a cap glider and had a load of cadets with me. I would have liked to ask about several other items too. But was time pressured to just grab the fuel system stuff and beat feet.

Dik

Louis

Post by Louis » Sat Oct 20, 2012 18:10

I understand, that sounds like quite a trip. I'll have to ask you some time about the Cadet program. I have a couple of sons who are going to be old enough before too long.

Have you ever gone to the local EAA chapter meetings? In case you're interested our next meeting is at the Tamarack Air Hangar at 6:30 pm Thursday Nov. 1.

We'll have to meet some time to discuss projects and parts. I really need some peer pressure to get back on track with my Sedan! I can be reached at 452-1590 or lknapp@polarnet.com .....Louis

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Sun Oct 21, 2012 15:15

Louis,

If he cannot help you with the Cadet questions, let me know.

My copilot is the Col. in charge of the entire Arizona Wing and been doing the CAP thing for a long time.

Joe A

dikholder

Post by dikholder » Tue Oct 23, 2012 05:10

Joe:

One more thing we have in common. not to worry I can help him on the cadet issue right here in interior AK. We have two squadrons one at Fairbanks IAP and one that I have belonged to for almost 30 years out at Eielson AFB. Fairbanks meets on Monday nights on East Ramp and Eielson meets on Thursdays in Nosedock 2. I will email you Louis.

Dik