Wing wiring

Aeronca Sedan Airplanes
Louis

Wing wiring

Post by Louis » Sun Nov 01, 2015 15:29

Has anyone else here attempted to replace the wiring in the wing of their Sedan? I know the logical answer is "don't!" but I'm beyond the point of no return having removed all the old tape holding the old wires to the clips. It's at least possible with the new inspection holes but not, by any stretch of the imagination easy. Is there any better way to run the new wires than just running them through the original clips and putting new tape on? Thanks....Louis

joea
Site Admin

Re: Wing wiring

Post by joea » Tue Nov 03, 2015 20:05

Louis,

Other than what was posted on the NAA's Facebook page about the same subject, cannot add much more.

The good thing is that with your looking at putting in LED lights the amp draw will be much lower so you can use smaller wiring.

Joe

Paul Agaliotis

Post by Paul Agaliotis » Wed Nov 04, 2015 06:59

Louis,
I put an aluminum tube in the wing to route the wires in. It was easier to secure the tube at specific locations than a wire bundle.
Paul
Mailing Adress : Paul Agaliotis 2060 E. San Martin, San Martin,Calif. 95046

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Wed Nov 04, 2015 08:20

Paul,

Good idea.

Hey I helped a new Aeronca owner last weekend and he lives in your neck of the woods. Duane Fey is his name and he just bought a Chief that will be based close to you. He needs someone with "dope and fabric" experience so will get the two of you together.

Joe A

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:52

Paul,

I just tried to email you and the email bounced. Have you changed your email or is the mailbox full?

Joe A

Paul Agaliotis

Post by Paul Agaliotis » Wed Nov 04, 2015 14:41

Joe,
It should still be the same for the last few years, you might have the old compuserve address. The new address is,
pnj2060@yahoo.com
I'd love to help Duane any way I can.
I picked up a "Stick" Chief a few weeks ago, it's a '39 65C. It has toe brakes installed and looks like a clean installation.
Paul

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Thu Nov 05, 2015 08:43

Paul Agaliotis wrote:Joe,
It should still be the same for the last few years, you might have the old compuserve address. The new address is,
pnj2060@yahoo.com
I'd love to help Duane any way I can.
I picked up a "Stick" Chief a few weeks ago, it's a '39 65C. It has toe brakes installed and looks like a clean installation.
Paul
Paul you are REALLY not helping me! Have lusted after a stick Chief for years now! :)

Glad its in good hands!

Yes I was using the old CS address but have not sent you a couple of emails to the Yahoo version so its waiting for you in your inbox. I will also, being a nice moderator, change it in your profile here on the bulletin board!

Thx,

Joe A

Paul Agaliotis

Post by Paul Agaliotis » Thu Nov 05, 2015 09:20

Thanks Joe,
You have got to be the best Moderator on the web today. See you in Middletown if I don't get to PHX.
Somebody on CL had a Stewart Headwind project for sale down your way I was looking at, since I can't get Craig to sell me a C3.
Paul

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Thu Nov 05, 2015 09:30

Paul,

Thanks and wish I had more time to fuss with my private life and Aeronca's. We are now flying much more as well as looking at upgrading our corporate aircraft and the last 2 years has been a blur. As well am way behind on this bulletin board but trying...

Cannot wait for Middletown... hoping to fly the Sedan over again! First beer is on me!

Joe A