New Sedan owner in Alaska

Aeronca Sedan Airplanes
Akaviator

New Sedan owner in Alaska

Post by Akaviator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 21:05

Greetings all!

I've recently fulfilled a dream of mine to own a Sedan...well actually will be taking delivery of it next week. I live in Southcentral Alaska and I know this ol' girl is going to be a great ship for flying around here. The plane is currently in Santa Paula, CA, I'll be taking it up to Reno where my wife winters and then she and I will fly it north in probably late May.

I needed a new flight manual so today I wandered over to Burl's shop and picked one up. Spent about an hour and a half visiting with him, talking Sedans and viewing Airframe S/N 001 for the new AeroSedan. He is amazing to talk to, his passion for this plane and to build quality parts and airplanes is evident. For instance, he showed me the off center alignment of the vertical stabilizer (to compensate for P factor) and how they rig it. His standard for being rigged correctly was called "good" within .032" of the factory drawings! I'd say so! Talked about his mods, the so called "camper mod" to the baggage compartment, and got to examine the airframe closely and see just how incredibly tough this plane is built.

He's hoping to have #1 displayed at the Alaska Airmen's show in May.

Here's my plane
ImageDSC00686 by ibppjr, on Flickr

joea
Site Admin

Re: New Sedan owner in Alaska

Post by joea » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:03

Nice looking Sedan and welcome onboard!!