thinking of selling my sedan too !

Aeronca Sedan Airplanes
ted

thinking of selling my sedan too !

Post by ted » Sat Jan 21, 2006 16:24

Just like Brian in an earlier posting, I am considering selling my sedan, but it is difficult to ascertain value. Located just north of Toronto, it is on edo 2000 floats, wheels, skiis, 180 hp constant speed prop and was rebuilt 2 years ago with stc'd metal tanks installed. Certainly not a show stopper, but a good looking, solid airplane. Anyone have thoughts on a reasonable asking price? BTW, not getting out of flying but have purchased a local flying school (sport / ultralight in Canada) and we need some new trainers.

Louis

Post by Louis » Sat Jan 21, 2006 17:04

I see one like yours for sale here http://www.alaskaairmen.com/For%20Sale% ... hooser.htm for $49.000. I appears that floats aren't included on that one, so that price plus what the floats are worth might be a starting place....Louis

ted

thanks for the reply

Post by ted » Sun Jan 29, 2006 08:37

Hey Louis.

thanks for the reply. I have started to do some looking around and have found prices on reasonably similar aircraft. Now the big decision is whether or not to actually sell it.

ted

Muskokabob

Post by Muskokabob » Sun Jan 29, 2006 14:51

Hi Ted, sorry to hear your thinking of selling, you haven't even brought it into Clear Lake to show it off after the rebuild. Give me a call, would love to see it.

Bob

microb@starband.net

Sedan

Post by microb@starband.net » Sun Jan 29, 2006 15:01

Hi Ted

If you decide to sell please let us know.

Thanks

Mickey and Robin Maher

Guy

Your sale

Post by Guy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 18:24

Once you start flying your Sedan, you will not want to sell it. This aircraft can talk do short field talkoff like a cub, t-craft and champ.. may not fly like a rocket, but you will have the room and comfort. (big payload)

I have been flying my Sedan for two years as well as my t-craft for 22 years. Have no plan to sell, the reason as you will find out is you can not replace the Sedan for what you will sell it for.... Think before you sell

Louis

Post by Louis » Sun Jan 29, 2006 21:01

I'd have to agree with that. I put my Sedan up for sale about ten years ago. After I talked the third or fourth caller out of buying it I decided I might as well just hang on to it!...Louis

dusey

Post by dusey » Sun Jan 29, 2006 22:26

do you have a tail drager for your school you could offer a tail drager endorsment. it is much more forgiving than a cub and a good flyer for those starting out.. just a thought.....

Captgrumps

Sedan--Blue Book

Post by Captgrumps » Sun Jan 29, 2006 22:43

FYI--Current issue of Blue Book (Winter 2005/2006) says average retail is $22,000 for a Sedan. A dealer would offer you $16,900 to $18,300. Engine time and fabric would be main valuation factors. Price based on 900 SMOH (!/2 TBO). Below that or above that add or subtract $8.33 per hour. Those figures are for 145 hp Continental powered.

Each airplane stands on its own--but if it was just a plain jane Sedan the above it what you would be confronted with.