13th NAA Convention

National Aeronca Association topics
David Johnson

13th NAA Convention

Post by David Johnson » Tue Jun 20, 2006 09:24

Us redneck folks from N GA had a ball. I noticed nobody had posted a lot about the Convention so I figgered I would break the ice. Was kinda warm, I
expected OHIO to to loose a few degrees from Georgia. I was wrong. We came all the years that weather skunked the fly in. We were thrilled to see the great turn out. In the words of a fellow pilot "most excellent". We want to thank Jim, all the Board members, their wives, and everyone who helped. IT
IS APPRECIATED. Got to meet Nathan H. from S GA. One of the few younger
guys into Aeronca's. We had folks with us from 70 to 24. Pretty good spread huh? I flew a chase vehicle this year. Hope to fly next time, but I will get there one way or another. The AF Museum is getting better and better. A highly reccomended stop for all aviation folks. The folks who cater the banquet get my vote. I gained weight all weekend. As Lloyd Thompson says
"keep your chin in the wind", David Johnson JZP

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:09

David,

Thanks for attending and we really enjoyed having you guys fly all the way from Georgia for the event.

I was at the airport when everyone left on Sunday morning and it was really nice to see the formation of Aeronca's heading South. As well Nathan is a really nice guy and its good to see a new generation getting involved with these planes.

Hope to see you in two years and in the interim pls keep posting on the forum!

Take care and fly safe!

Joe A

bwmatz
Site Admin

Post by bwmatz » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:28

David,

Thanks for the kind words. Makes all the work worthwhile when you hear folks had a good time...especially those who made such a great effort to fly as far as you did.

It's Tuesday and I STILL can't get my mind back to work...anyone else having the same problem?
Brian Matz
1946 11AC NC9485E
S/N 11AC-1121
Based @ Barber Airport, Alliance, OH (2D1)
bwmatz11ac@yahoo.com

David Johnson

Post by David Johnson » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:45

Gentlemen, so you can put a face with the name. I am the 280 lb red/blonde headed fellow that hangs around with Lloyd Thompson with the L-16 from N Georgia. I spoke to all the directors after the banquet. I do in flight load tests on all the Champs here at JZP(hehe). Ain't broke one yet....Had gas running up the windshield on the L-16 the other day from the fuel vent. Kinda weird to look at....Working on 2 Citabrias now, my Champ is in storage. Using one of my Citabria fuselage frames to build a jig to fix frames. Building one along the style of the factory jig. Slow process though. Talk to all of you soon, David Johnson