internet site connection issues

National Aeronca Association topics
boeing

internet site connection issues

Post by boeing » Sun Nov 11, 2007 23:53

Hi there, have been connecting to this site with my lap top for over a year now with no issues. i have not been on the site for a few months, but have been trying to access it now for a few weeks and keep getting a
"internet explorer cannot display the web page"
messege. this is the only site that will not connect.
I finally tried our other computer and it linked up right away with no issues. and once again the NAA website is the only one that i cannot access.
nothing else has changed on my old computer, with the one exception of not been able to connect to my favorite aeronca site.
has anything changed in the past few month with regards to settings or protocal numbers that would not enable me to connect?
its windows xp with explorer7.0

any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Cheer

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Mon Nov 12, 2007 02:35

Boeing,

A name would be nice, we are a friendly group here.

Have you ever tried Firefox? Much better browser and does not have the bugs or security issues that IE does.

Now, have you cleared your history and cookies on the machine recently? Sometimes that changes things but usually if you can access other sites then an issue with just one is something else. As you are the only member that I have heard of with this problem would hope that its not with our website.

Have you tried to go into the bulletin board using a direct link to a thread then navigating around from there? Might try this. Link to this thread is: http://www.joea.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=11505#11505 and try that.

Joe

boeing

Post by boeing » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:41

thanks again for your help Joe, name is Wade by the way.
I'm not sure what the deal is with the internet hook up. i will try what you have suggested and hope for the best.
I usually access the site via a shortcut on my desk top. It seems to want to connect but then just slows down and grinds to a stop (seems to time out) our other computer is brand new and quite a bit faster, it also seems to take its time connecting to the NAA site, but will not time out so to speak. I wonder if there is a way to extend the time duation while the computer is trying to locate the site, before it just gives up and says it cannot connect.

Nathan K. Hammond

Post by Nathan K. Hammond » Mon Nov 12, 2007 13:00

I have the same problem occationally. Every other site works, but the forum won't load. If I give it a couple minutes and try again, everything seems to work. wierd.

nkh
7AC-5691
Super 85-12F @ DVK