What's the latest issue of the NAA magazine that was mailed?

National Aeronca Association topics
bwmatz
Site Admin

Post by bwmatz » Fri May 16, 2008 22:13

Jim has done more to keep the NAA alive than anyone knows. I have a lot of respect for the man and have really come to know him in the last couple years. That happens when you spend 8 days sitting with someone in the type club tent. He and his wife Betty are good people and Jim lives and breathes Aeroncas. The connections he has, with the FAA, Aeronca Inc. and hundreds of Aeronca enthusisasts are incredible.

Running a type club is a tough and thankless job. You start all enthusastic and energetic and then it starts to wear you down over the years. The fact that Jim has stayed in it this long is a testament to his committment to the airplanes and enthusiasts.

All this is why I felt it was worthwhile to help him try to turn the organization around rather than jump on board a new type club and go a different direction. It just takes patience on our part, a willingness to accept help on his, and the great support of all of you. We'll get there...
Brian Matz
1946 11AC NC9485E
S/N 11AC-1121
Based @ Barber Airport, Alliance, OH (2D1)
bwmatz11ac@yahoo.com

skyking3286

Post by skyking3286 » Mon May 19, 2008 00:17

Brian - Thanks for your work.

Could I suggest that this thread or one like it be "bumped" when a new issue
goes out so we can figure out if we are on the membership list or not? I for one would just like to know when the issue is on the way so I can start my usual running to the mailbox!

Thank you to Jim and to all the NAA folks.

Mark

bwmatz
Site Admin

Post by bwmatz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 21:29

FYI...Jim just sent me a disk with the latest membership data and asked for a file to create a set of labels. Most likely means the next issue is off the presses. Will keep you all posted.
Brian Matz
1946 11AC NC9485E
S/N 11AC-1121
Based @ Barber Airport, Alliance, OH (2D1)
bwmatz11ac@yahoo.com

Larry Prater

Post by Larry Prater » Wed Jun 04, 2008 13:18

I'm not sure if I owe dues or not ? I will be at middle town rain or shine.
we hope the weather is good leaving Jackson Mi on Tuesday of Wed does that tell you just how excited we are to be amyoung all those Aeronca's
As far as the NAA I'm in charge of a couple events for were I work and know the pain of trying to keep things going and making it better ! It's not easy doing a major event the one I do for work is for about 600 people so I aways say if you don't like something in this years event get
on next years team and become part of the planning comminite or be happy with the way things are ?

See Ya ! in Middle Town

39 50-C N22356

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Wed Jun 04, 2008 16:43

Larry,

Looking forwards to meeting you and everyone else in Middletown.

Best way to tell if you are about ready to renew for me is that I renew every year around this time of year. Usually done at the fly in but if there is no fly-in held that year then I just send it in.

Yes, some people say that until you are caught up with the magazines you are current but while I like the magazines a lot, the organization is a lot more than a magazine and I can afford $30 or so a year to help keep the National Aeronca Assoc alive.

See you in a week or so!

Joe

skyking3286

Post by skyking3286 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 02:23

Bump... last issue was still Vol 13 #2....and it's 2009 now....
Mark Peterson
Harvey Field, WA
A copy of my old Chief website is preserved here:

http://www.reocities.com/mrpeters.geo/index.html

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sun Jul 12, 2009 22:19

Since my birthday (70 !!) is this month. I just renewed my membership (as someone suggested). It would be nice to get a magazine or newsletter once in awhile but to me being able to interact with others on the forum and hopefully contribute something worthwhile every now and then is worth the $25.

Mike Berg

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Mon Jul 13, 2009 09:22

Thanks Mike. We are "working on it" and hope to have some more info shortly.

skyking3286

Re: What's the latest issue of the NAA magazine that was mailed?

Post by skyking3286 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 15:32

Sounding like Tower of Power....bumpity, bumpity,bump

Bump... last issue was still Vol 13 #2....and it's 2009 now....now 2010
Mark Peterson
Harvey Field, WA
A copy of my old Chief website is preserved here:

http://www.reocities.com/mrpeters.geo/index.html

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable