Don Jones-New Aeronca parts

National Aeronca Association topics
Jody Wittmeyer

Don Jones-New Aeronca parts

Post by Jody Wittmeyer » Sat Oct 25, 2008 15:26

We at the NAA have been communicating with Don Jones about selling his new parts from this list and our online catalogue. This should help us (Aeronca owners) and him out to form a win/win Alliance.

Don already sells his Chief door handles, placards and other items on e-bay. He is tooling up for gas caps and a variety of items including A-7 mag switches. We should be getting pictures and descriptions of what's available pretty soon.

Please understand that it cost a certain amount of up front money for Don to get tooled up for each production run. The sooner he can sell these parts, the sooner he can afford to tool up for another item. We think we can All benefit from this venture. We will keep you posted. Keep tabs on the site. We will announce here, then put the items in the catalogue. Thanks.
Blue Skies and Stay Safe, and preserve 'em

anelon

Post by anelon » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:23

I can vouch for Don Jones' Aeronca products. I bought a set of seat upholstery from him late last year (2008) and a set of Aeronca hubcaps- - - all were top quality and arrived pretty quickly, especially considering they came from Guam! Don's business ethic is also great - reminds me of B.D. Maule. He didn't want a check before he sent the items, saying he wanted to make sure I was happy before I paid him.

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:25

Have had the same experience with Don. Simply top notch stuff and very glad that he is an Aeronca lover.

CptKelly

Me too....

Post by CptKelly » Sun Apr 12, 2009 22:04

I've bought a couple of items from Don Jones too. Don only sells top quality items, and is a real pleasure to deal with.

Mike

Carl Prather

Don Jones

Post by Carl Prather » Mon Apr 13, 2009 01:26

I have been dealing with Don for 6 or 7 years now. He is the real deal and loves old planes, especially those made in the '20s and '30s.

About two years ago, he sent a handful of his stampings to get my opinion. I was so impressed that I paid for and sent a copy of Todd Trainer's CDs, encouraging him to make even more parts.

Like Todd, he is a rare combination of motivation and execution. And as with Todd, we would be wise to continue to support his efforts by buying his fine products.

Carl Prather

Jody Wittmeyer

Post by Jody Wittmeyer » Sun Aug 02, 2009 22:24

Well, we sold a ton of Don's parts at OSH. I have the 13 gallon champ gas cap to field test. It looks great. Sealed a deal and Don will be sending us things to sell online. Still need to know what people would like to see produced. His control boxes (mag wells) are great. He now has the correct data plates for the post wars, most of the placards. Things are looking up.
Blue Skies and Stay Safe, and preserve 'em

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Sun Aug 02, 2009 22:37

Talked with Brian Matz about this and we will be putting up a new webpage on the NAA website to showcase Don Jones parts.

Glad to see these new parts coming along.

Terry B.

Re: Don Jones-New Aeronca parts

Post by Terry B. » Mon Aug 17, 2009 20:26

Any idea on a time line for the Aeronca Website to purchase placards? I was just about to post a Do anyone know..... post. I am looking for the Do Not Exceed 129 ..... placard and am also needing the throttle plates for front and rear throttle. I have the trim card and the fuel card.

Thanks,

Terry B.