planning a 2012 trip

National Aeronca Association topics
Nathan K. Hammond

Re: planning a 2012 trip

Post by Nathan K. Hammond » Sat Jun 09, 2012 23:15

I remember Joe snuck off with it a couple years ago...

They must know how to make it out west. :wink:

nkh
7AC-5691
Super 85-12F @ DVK

Nathan K. Hammond

Post by Nathan K. Hammond » Sat Jun 09, 2012 23:28

Well crap; while getting the C_b ready I asked if it was ready to be the red headed step-child. It's answer was a broke airbox. :? Got that fixed, but then was put on the schedule to work that weekend.

The Aeronca gods hate me.

nkh
7AC-5691
Super 85-12F @ DVK

David Johnson

Post by David Johnson » Sun Jun 10, 2012 16:19

So Tater, are you out for the Convention then? Do we need to come thru Danville and repossess your A$$? Seriously, hope you get to make it. Derek is probably flying the aluminum bird (RV-8) up Fri or Sat.

Joe, we are all fresh out of shine. It don't last long down here. We made a lot of cough medicine lately. Medicinal use and all...

John Murray in Florida, you are welcome to ride up with us if you get rained out. Plenty of room. I am going if there isn't a hurricane over Middletown. Need a mental health break bad. Not real picky about the company I keep either.

Has anyone heard from Seaheli(Charles Finch) in the Carolinas, or Chris Hiatt? Hoping to meet Charles and see Chris again.

BTW, the red headed stepchild comment was insensitive Tater. I sorta resemble that remark!!! Better not let me sneak up on you next time we cross paths...

The trip up may be slow for those flying. The Old Fart will have to stop often to change his depends.

Looking forward to visiting with all my Aeronca friends again. May get to take Lloyd over for a short visit with John Houser if he is up to it.

P.S. Joe, I thought the ankle bracelet was just for show.

David J./Jasper GA

SFC Hiatt

Post by SFC Hiatt » Tue Oct 16, 2012 14:53

David Johnson wrote:Has anyone heard from Seaheli(Charles Finch) in the Carolinas, or Chris Hiatt? Hoping to meet Charles and see Chris again.

David J./Jasper GA
Hello DJ, I was away for a bit as I licked my aviation wounds after my spousal unit refused to let me outright buy the Tri-Champ and take her to South Carolina. Now that retirement is in the sites I don't think she will be able to stop me from returning to an Aeronca seat. I'm in Fort Jackson (Columbia), South Carolina until I begin my retirement transition leave next March. Looking like I'm heading to San Antonio in an attempt to please the soon to be upset wife. Wish me luck!

I'm on FaceBook at http://www.facebook.com/MSGHiatt

Chris

David Johnson

Post by David Johnson » Tue Oct 16, 2012 15:24

Chris, glad you are doing well. The key to aircraft purchases is "it's easier to get forgiveness than permission". Kinda like dealing with the government. Where are you going to settle when you retire? As of early December, I will have in 25 years, WITH THE SAME WOMAN. I want a medal or something. Imagine how she feels! I too need to get back in the seat. It's good for the mental health situation. We missed you and Tater at Middletown this year. We see your updates on FB all the time, I just don't post a lot. Be Good, David J.

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Tue Oct 16, 2012 19:02

Chris,

SAT is not a bad place to retire. The "hill country" of Texas is beautiful and there are several Aeronca types down there. Just make sure its South of the Mason-Dixon line or out here. For that matter, Fort "Hunch a Huck" here in Southern AZ is a beautiful area as well!

Joe A

SFC Hiatt

Post by SFC Hiatt » Tue Oct 16, 2012 19:28

I have been stationed in San Antonio and at UT in Austin so I know that area is nice plus the wife's family is there.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Tue Oct 16, 2012 19:32

Our youngest settled in SAT to teach school and married a SAT native. So we bought a 'winter home' in NE SAT which gives us a place to stay when we visit since we lost our bedroom at their house once the kids came (that's OK as they have our only grandkids: four year old and twin girls :D ). Although it's big and busy, it's still a pretty nice town with lots to do. I have a friend with a Skybolt down there so get a chance for a ride every now and then (sometimes up side down :mrgreen: ). We rent our place out in SAT on vacationrental.com when we're back 'up north'.

Mike