Video of Aeronca Formation Flight at Middletown 2014?

National Aeronca Association topics
Matt

Video of Aeronca Formation Flight at Middletown 2014?

Post by Matt » Wed May 07, 2014 04:55

To all Aeronca pilots attending this year's NAA convention at Middletown, June 19-22,

Would you be interested in coordinating and participating in a formation flight above Hook field?

When my wife agreed on another trip to Middletown, this idea popped up: Making a nice video of a rare Aeronca formation – for example at least one aircraft of each Aeronca type present? Filmed from a photo plane, from the leading and from the rearmost plane as well as from the ground. I am volunteering to coordinate well in advance and on the day itself with the Hook field ATC and to organize some cameras. Pilots with their own GoPro cameras or similar products could use those, too, of course, and contribute their video sequences that Monika and I would then assemble into one single video.

What do you think? And members of the board, could Saturday, June 21, after Bill Pancake's Aeronca Forum and before the evening banquet work? Or is there a better time for this, if at all?

Matt
Aeronca 15AC Sedan – Restoring and flying the classic 4-seater: http://www.n1331h.com

joea
Site Admin

Re: Video of Aeronca Formation Flight at Middletown 2014?

Post by joea » Wed May 07, 2014 10:34

Sure sounds like a good idea to me!