NAA Convention

National Aeronca Association topics
Dion Carr

Post by Dion Carr » Fri Jun 09, 2006 15:43

Brian,
Mary and I are planning on attending - hopefully flying the Champ in on either Thursday or Friday.
Dion Carr
N84746
7BCM conv. form Geneseo, IL
Dion Carr
7AC/BCM Conv.
N84746
Geneseo, Illinois

Nathan K. Hammond

Post by Nathan K. Hammond » Fri Jun 09, 2006 23:06

YIPPPY! I get to go! :D :D :D

Just got the okay from both bosses that I'm clear to go. Planning on heading out Friday, so if any other Southern Airknockers what to join up, we'll make a mass arrival from the sunny south. Squib, you out there?

If interested, shoot me an email or PM.

nkh
7AC-5691
Super 85-12F @ DVK

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Sat Jun 10, 2006 20:26

Good to see everyone coming. Grab some more people and see you guys there next weekend!

Joe A

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Sat Jun 17, 2006 22:32

The 2006 Middletown fly-in is about over and wanted to let everyone know the latest news.

Believe that we had around 100 airplanes, possibly a bit more or less, show up this year. Weather was wonderful the first two days then the forcast is for two fronts to come through sometime tomorrow so some of the planes left late today for home.

The main dinner is finished now and the major announcements of the night can be sent out to everyone who did not attend the event.

The first one is that in conjuction with the NAA, John Houser is in the process of taking all of the blueprints in his possession back to the Aeronca factory. They then are being scanned by the most advanced equipment in the business by John and one Aeronca employee (in her spare time) and transfered to their computers.

After the blueprints are all scanned and completed then they will be offered to ALL the NAA members first, then after this time to anyone needed. At this time ALL of the 8 X 10, 11 X 14 and "C" format blueprints have been scanned and saved. They now are working on the large format blueprints. As to when they will be completed is not known but the important thing is that they will all be scanned and saved.

After the blueprints are all scanned they will be given to the NAA. In 1992 Aeronca donated the blueprints to the NAA and at this time John Houser was selected to be the custodian. He has done an excellent job but everyone is concerned about his health and we wanted to save all the prints while he was still able to assist. As well we were concerned about the condition of the blueprints and wanted to get these saved while able. At this time we are not positive but believe that these include blueprintes of the 7, 11 and 15 model Aeronca airplanes as well as extensive documentation of the early aircraft. We will be able to offer a electronic version of any blueprint that John has at this time and more important is that we have been able to save a copy of everything so that its available to everyone repairing or restoring an Aeronca.

The second is that Keith Wyman of the Aeronca factory announced that the transfer is now complete of all the type certificate's of the early Aeronca aircraft. This was supposed to be done a long time ago but never completed (I believe) but they now are in our possession.

Last is that we have made an agreement with several individuals and Wag-Aero to try to make parts available for people who want to try to have a McDowell Starter on their airplane. No, we do not have any of the starters but we believe that we have been able to work out a way to make the nosebowl, some if not all of the brackets and handles and spinners. If someone is interested and can find the parts that fit on the nose of the engine, we believe that we can help with the rest. This is something that has not been available for many years and a big help.

All for now, time to hit the sack! Its been a busy day!

Joe A

Peashooter

Post by Peashooter » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:23

My wife Barb and I made it up Friday evening. Barb even stood next to Bill Pancake for the panorama photo! My brother and I attended Saturday, he in his Super Cub. What a delight to get our family Champ there for the first time in 30 years! Thanks to Ray Johnson for taking a great photo! See you in September, Ray. Tailwinds, Rudy

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43de3a1a ... EBRxgqBq5u
Aeronca 7AC-3341
N84629 KLUK

Jody Wittmeyer

Post by Jody Wittmeyer » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:25

Thanks to everyone that made it! This was a very good, very exciting and very positive Convention. The NAA got a lot accomplished, behind the scenes, this year. For those that missed the banquet, the one thing Joe didn't mention, was the fact we (the board) gave anyone the opportunity, after the banquet, to offer their suggestions, comments and gripes about the convention. This is your event, we do it for you and we care what you think. You can e-mail the board at our yahoo acount on the home page. Please let us know what you thought. Even better things are coming...including the magazine.
Blue Skies and Stay Safe, and preserve 'em

Peashooter

Post by Peashooter » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:32

For those of us that could not attend the banquet, will the awards be posted online, or will they only be published in the magazine? Thanks, Rudy
Aeronca 7AC-3341
N84629 KLUK

Jody Wittmeyer

Post by Jody Wittmeyer » Tue Jun 20, 2006 15:28

Brian will be posting something on line
Blue Skies and Stay Safe, and preserve 'em

bwmatz
Site Admin

Awards posting

Post by bwmatz » Tue Jun 20, 2006 15:51

I've already talked to Jim Thompson and asked him to fax me the list of award winners once he finds the box that contains it. I'm sure he's enjoying a little much needed rest before unpacking the trucks.

We will also be posting photos from the convention soon...just bear with us for a bit.
Brian Matz
1946 11AC NC9485E
S/N 11AC-1121
Based @ Barber Airport, Alliance, OH (2D1)
bwmatz11ac@yahoo.com