Shoulder harnesses for S15AC

Aeronca Sedan Airplanes
harmonii

Shoulder harnesses for S15AC

Post by harmonii » Thu May 09, 2013 05:03

The Sedan I am purchasing has a single shoulder belt installed. I am of the mind that in a Seaplane, one should have a belt on each shoulder and that all 4 belts should come completely free when you undo the buckle.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good belt system that latches in a single point?

I read an FAA letter where adding or changing seatbelts on older small planes is considered a "small change" and not in need of and STC or field approval. see: http://hangar9aeroworks.com/shoulderpolicy.pdf

Any thoughts or suggestions?

-H
Live on Lake, seaplane in back yard....

sedanpilot

Re: Shoulder harnesses for S15AC

Post by sedanpilot » Thu May 09, 2013 23:13

Yes, you can do that, and Burl has an attachment fitting to anchor the shoulder harness. I like the kit that uses the metal buckle over the tang myself, but there are several shoulder harness kits around that would work. I do not have an inertia reel myself and I don't feel like I need it, but everyone is a little different shape. My arms reach everything I need in flight and I am cheap on both cost and weight. My shoulder harness is made by Amsafe, but I think Hooker has one that will work as well.

harmonii

Post by harmonii » Sun May 19, 2013 19:13

Thanks I have Burl's attachment but currently the shoulder belt is single and i would like a double that goes over both shoulders.

I will check those out, any place the best for getting them?

-Harmon
Live on Lake, seaplane in back yard....

joea
Site Admin

Post by joea » Thu May 23, 2013 10:58

Harmon,

I found mine on Ebay. Got the 5 point belts that really protect you all the way around. Some are reasonable, while some are kinda expensive but whats your life worth?

Joe A

skot7ac

Post by skot7ac » Sat May 25, 2013 14:24

I put the Hooker Harness in the Sedan with Burl's attach points. Quick, easy and works great.

Scott